Monday, October 26, 2009

Case Study #1: A 5-month old website

This first case study is on my current website in the MMORPG niche, particularly in the “World of Warcraft” niche. The website was published in May of this year so that makes it just about 5 months old. I did not implement an aggressive SEO campaign. But I did however follow everything taught in the AffiloBlueprint2.0 course.

The website had a good “on-page” SEO and the web pages were published over time. I did article submissions in different Web 2.0 properties like EzineArticles, Squidoo, Hubpages, Blogger, Quizilla, Zimbio, etc. I did article interlinking which I learned from StomperNet. I also used the Mr. K Web 2.0 Backlink Strategy - this strategy involves the use uses Web 2.0 style sites and RSS feeds to create tons of backlinks to your website.

Whenever I publish a new page I submit to a few social bookmarking sites like Digg, Propeller, Reddit, Blink etc. I also submitted several spinnable articles in AMAutomation.com to get drips of backlinks over time. These are the things I did to have the website ranking in the SEs. Here is a video where I show the website’s current ranking in Google for the keyword “wow strategy guide”:




I have outsourced 4 articles to a writer who plays Wow. I will have these articles prepared by a different writer to be in a spinnable format that can be used for the Phase 1 promotion using the Web2Mayhem strategy. I have outsourced a short blurb about the website – this I can use in Social Bookmark submissions and RSS feeds submissions. I have also outsourced a short video that will be used for video promotion. These are the things I have done so far. When I get the materials I outsourced I will prepare the stuff needed to start the promotion.

I recommend that you subscribe on the posts so you can follow the development of this case study.

See you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment